Friday, March 15, 2013


                In my story, She Said Yes, I would like to know the character Cassie. She passed away in the Columbine shooting in 1999. She was brave, independent, and faithful. Cassie had some very hard times in her life before she passed away. She was brave because the story said “...the gunmen came to her and said, “Do you believe in God?” she sat there and hesitated, but said, “Yes.” The gunman asked her “Why?” and then shot her…”  I want to know how she had the courage to be able to tell the gunman that she believed in god. I thought that was very brave and faithful of her to say that yes, she did believe in god. Cassie also had some problems in her early high school and middle school life. She used to write with her friend Mona how she wanted to kill her parents for taking her out of public school and she hurt herself mentally and physically. The story said, “…I can’t explain in words how much I hurt. I didn’t know how to deal with this hurt, so I physically hurt myself. Maybe it was my way of expressing my sadness, anger and depression… I would lock myself in the bathroom and hit my head on the counters and cut myself…” But she turned around her life and changed the way she was. I want to know how she changed her life so fast and accepted to make her life better. That is why my favorite character is Cassie.

No comments:

Post a Comment